Well good afternoon Dolls!
It’s Mondayyyyy lol! Most people celebrate the weekends but as a makeup artist most of my work goes down between Friday and Sunday so, I welcome a peaceful Monday when I have the pleasure of doing so. ANYWHO, I was invited to do makeup for Show Bride’s “Endless Summer” Bridal show which took place yesterday in Virginia Beach, Va. I’ve done several weddings but this was my first bridal show so I wasn’t sure what to expect!
There were 3 Hair Stylist and 3 MUAs behind the scenes and a total of 12 models. While I LOVED the ladies and appreciate the opportunity to participate in such a fabulous event with a reputable bridal show company to keep it real with you (which I always will) I believe my favorite beats take place in a more intimate setting lol. When you have 12 models, 6 pros, children, parents, and the occasional hotel staff, it gets a bit hectic. Don’t get me wrong…….. I would totally do it again, I met some amazing people in the industry who are as passionate about their crafts as I am about mine AND it was great way to get my work in front of bride 2 be’s in the area. The benefits far out way the hustle and bustle of a busy back stage area AND maybe just maybe one day my career will take me somewhere I will be able to us the experience so I wont count it out, but I’ll take a wedding, or photo shoot any day.
Nicole wanted a very soft light pink smokey eye with a nude lip. Here’s How I achieved that look:
- Moisturize, Hydrate, and prime the face. Products: Cold Cream, MAC Studio Fix Plus Liquid. Elf’s mineral primer
- Fill and highlight the brow as desired. Products: soft black brow powder and Ruby Kisses 3D Face Creator in Level 11
- Apply Foundation Products: Cover Girl’s Cappuccino.
- Apply Concealer under eyes in a V’ shape, on the cupids bow, on the chin, and up the nose into a “tree” that extends between and above the brows. Products: BH Cosmetics Camo Concealer palatte.
- BLEND. Using a wedge or a beauty blender go over the concealer you just appliend
- Set the areas you applied concealer on with powder. Products: Ben Nye Banana Powder
- BLEND Buff and blend the edges of your highlight with your shade of face power. Products: Cover Girl’s Queen Collection in Medium Deep.
- Contour your face with a color 1 to 2 shades darker than the color you’re using as a face power.
- I always begin my shadow look by “Setting the stage” or getting the crease colors applied.
- Shadow get a pale pink shimmer shadow and fill the entire lid with it.
- Add a light shimmer to inner corner of the eye..
- Apply mascara, eye liner, lashes and lipstick.